(Not a Conference Report – more of a hit list of things I did)
Last weekend, I visited Eroticon – a workshop / conference for sex bloggers and erotica writers. Here’s a run through of my weekend.
1. Made nipple latex pasties
2. Made my own mini flogger
3. Sketched a live model – yeah, never done this before. Didn’t think I had it in me to draw quickly. Fifteen minutes for each pose. He was excellent, really interesting how he works and chooses the poses. He had a few piercing, including one on the end of his you know what. I missed those out 🙂
4. I went to a session on using music for inspiration. A small group of us sat around the table and we had to write part of the beginning, middle and end of a story – 3 minutes for each part – after listening to three very different pieces of music – all contemporary pop songs. I ended up with a unhappy ending, something different for me. Everyone around the table wrote things they didn’t normally write. Fascinating how the mood of the music forced us into doing different things.
5. Saw demonstrations of bondage, a wicked spanking and a table of implements.
6. Fixed a few issues with my blog, thanks to the amazing @Domsigns
7. Spent time with some great authors – we drank, ate and giggled. The networking was invaluable for a solitary author like myself.
8. Bought home a t-shirt and a few other goodies.
|Hot Octopus T-shirt|
9. Met several bloggers, including Girl on the Net, who gave an entertaining talk about dealing with trolls.
10. We had the company of a transgender lady. We bumped into each other in the toilet. Not an issue and why should it be. She wore lovely dresses.
Normal blogging will resume later this week. Or maybe not.